* Your golfers have a great day on the course and eat a great meal. They Thank You for the great event as they walk out the door.
* A 45 minute meeting at clubhouse accomplishes all these final goals:
- Times for Itinerary
- Beverage Options
- Prize Table Configuration
- Microphone / Podium Options
- Volunteer / Extra Carts
- Itinerary Details
* Formulate some general ideas on: What Day? What Time? How Much? Who Will Play? How Will I Let Everyone Know About Event? What Will Make Our Event Day Special?
* THANK GOODNESS YOU MADE A GREAT DECISION WHEN CHOOSING YOUR VENUE, AND I REALLY APPRECIATE HELPING YOU IN THE PROCESS
- How many golfers are committed?
- How many meals will you need (include the volunteers)?
- How many extra carts you might need?
- Send me a list of the foursomes
- Finalize Meals / Timing
- Golf Format
- Auction Area and Format
- Hole Events
- Range Ball Situation
- On Course Games
* Golf Course goes to work, when you and your helpers arrive outing day, everything is set up and perfect. You relax and greet your golfers at Registration
* Contact a Golf Course to measure willingness to help (Hint: 920-532-4300, ask for Nick)
* 7 days prior to event, Nick calls, you tell him:
* Create a sales piece that tells everyone about your event. Include: Date, Time, Course Location (RSPGL), Cost, Benefit, What Day Includes, What Makes Your Event Different, How To Sign Up, Contact Info, and Deadline
in Wrightstown, Wisconsin
* Have a Golf Professional / Golf Course Owner (Hint: Nick) put together a proposal based on your ideas and your budget. Sign the proposal to lock in the date and now you are ready for the "backswing" portion.
Great Tip: When Approaching a Business Requesting a Donation, Offer to Buy Something in Return for Them Donating Something. Anyone Can Ask a Golf Course to Donate a 4-Some of Golf, and Many Times I Will Decline. I Have Never Denied Someone Who Said "If I Buy a Twosome, Will You Donate a Twosome?". Yes, This Takes Some Seed Money To Get Started, But You Will Start To Hear A Lot More "YES" and a Lot Less "NO".
* Golf Course summarizes entire meeting into a function sheet and sends you a copy.
* You Did It!
* Work the phones, beat the bushes, hit the streets. You know your event will be fun, and you are passionate about your cause. You need to convince your potential participants to get involved. (If you think you can simply make a flyer, put it around town and people will sign up, you will be very disappointed)
Outing Coordinator Checklist
- Registration Area Set-Up
- Night Before Outing Room Check In
- Seating Arrangements in Clubhouse
- Sponsor Signage Placement
- Gift Certificates / Prizes
- Hole-In-One Cars
- Specialty Needs
* Get a reason to have a golf outing, or have no reason at all, you just want to have some fun
*You will make some money on the golfer's entry fee, but you need to find additional ways to make money or provide prizes for the cause: Sell Hole Sponsorships, Solicit Prize Donations, Get Raffle Prizes and Find Auction Items.
* Golf Course Owner (yeah Nick again), calls and it's 30-45 days ahead of event. It's time for a meeting on all the details of the day. Nick helps you through rough patches and provides advice. Once this meeting is scheduled, we are ready for the "Downswing".